He Said Grow - Alternative Spring Break March 2022
You are invited to apply to take the first step towards becoming a FARM STEW Planter through He Said Grow, our newest initiative to share the FARM STEW recipe of abundant life in the USA!
The purpose of the He Said Grow! spring experience is to equip you and your church family with the tools to reach vulnerable communities in the US through farming, food, and faith. The He Said Grow course is packed full with practical guidelines for the creation of healthy gardens and abundant living.
He Said Grow! Experience
Who & Why: To provide a fun, educational, personal growth experience opportunity for adults 18 and over during 2022 Spring Break time.
By the end of this course you can expect to:
- Be able to start your own garden and have access to some expert ongoing support in that process
- Have the ability to combine gardening with community outreach
- Have a practical knowledge of the FARM STEW recipe for abundant living and become an ambassador of this lifesaving message to those in your sphere of influence.
If you are interested in being part of the He Said Grow training program, please fill out this survey.
What: Registration of $600 for the week with a $100 weekend add on option. Registration includes:
- Meals: Sunday supper - Friday lunch ( the weekend add on includes meals through Sunday lunch)
- Hands-on instruction in the application of the 8 aspects of the FARM STEW recipe.
- Rustic shared lodging
- All instructional materials
- Outings and activities
- Airport pick up and drop off from Montrose or Grand Junction airports.
When: Week of March 20-25 (with following weekend add-on option).
Where: 15495 Black Bridge Road, Paonia, CO 81428
Next Steps: Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email (contact us if you do not see it) and later a participant packet by email with any other details you need.
Travel: There are two ways to arrive - you may drive yourself, or you may fly into Montrose or Grand Junction airport where we will provide airport pickup as needed.
Any Questions? Email the team at: HeSaidGrow@farmstew.org
We will be learning the basics of the AdAgrA sponsored Acquainting Agriculture curriculum and the new US-focused FARM STEW Spring Outreach! We'll also be having fun, eating good food and being inspired by amazing local farmers!
We hope you can join us in beautiful Paonia, Colorado in March during your Spring Break! This program may also lead to summer service opportunities for those that are selected to represent FARM STEW in communities this summer!